Monday, September 1, 2014

Trancactional Replication - Setup Issues and Solution.

Recently I encountered an issue with setting up Transactional Replication. There are many blog posts about setting up Transactional replication and providing step by step explanations. I followed the exact steps mentioned in them but have been unsuccessful in setting up transactional replication successfully.

After spending some time on it, I figured out that it is due to windows login being used to connect to the publisher and subscriber. The Windows login has sysadmin privilege on the instance and I was able to connect to the instance using that login successfully. But, for some reason, It did not like it to be tied up with replication. So, I changed it to SQL account and it started working..!!

I tried to re-produce this issue by completely deleting the replication and tried again windows credentials..this time it was successful.

But, if you have been having issues with transactional replication/windows login, try changing it to SQL Login.



No comments:

Post a Comment